Kenya's Most Authoritative Political Newspaper

Citizen Weekly

Wednesday 17 September 2014

SONKO DENIES CLAIMS OF 2017 PRESIDENTIAL AMBITIONS



Nairobi senator Mike Sonko has vehemently denied claims that he is harboring presidential ambitions and that he is likely to be in the race in 2017. 

Sonko has reacted angrily to a recent post by Kenya Post where it was maliciously reported that he will be the next president based on a recent survey by Ipsos Synovate where he was ranked as the most popular Senator in the entire republic. 

Sonko has also trashed the survey results saying he does not believe in opinion surveys but believe in God the almighty and the good people of Nairobi and Kenyans in general.
“It is too early for me to vie for the presidency. I was elected on a coalition ticket led by two able principals President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto and both whom I respect so much”, said Sonko. 

Sonko went on to say “Uhuru’s leadership is in my heart and if you cut any part of my body today, you will see President Uhuru’s name flowing in my blood. I can take a bullet for President Uhuru and his Government”. 

According to Sonko, he is currently concentrating in his studies at the Methodist University undertaking a Bachelors Degree in Business Management. “I have no intention of vying for the presidency in the near future; I want to invest on my education and good leadership for the next 20 years then God willing after that I can vie for any big seat and I know I will overwhelmingly clinch it. I have never fought a loosing battle as I have been a school prefect from class one to form four and now a senator in the university”. Said Sonko. I vied for MP once and senator once and won in all the two races respectively and still I am 100% sure to clinch the next seat the great people of Nairobi would want me to vie for because I'm always on God’s side.

Sonko said this is the time for the Jubilee Administration to concentrate in development issues and fulfilling pledges we gave to the electorate during the last general elections campaigns.  

“I wish I knew the offices of Kenya post or one of there bloggers they could have known my true colours  today, but since they are just there to write stories for their readers to read let, them write any nonsense they want to write I don't care provided they sleep at night and wake up to another day”, added the Senator.

No comments:

Post a Comment