Kenya's Most Authoritative Political Newspaper

Citizen Weekly

Monday 20 October 2014

MAN WEEPS IN PUBLIC AFTER WIFE DENIES HIM CONJUGAL RIGHTS



For a whole month, the 26-year-old sexually-frustrated husband jotted down every response from his other half when he asked her for intimacy. He then collated the information and put it into an Excel document before cruelly emailing her as she arrived at an airport ahead of a ten-day business trip.

Her replies included ‘I’m exhausted’, ‘I need a shower (didn’t shower)’, ‘I’m trying to watch the movie (fell asleep 15 mins later)’ and ‘I’m not feeling too well’.
Shocked at the email, the anonymous woman, also aged 26, tried to get in touch with her husband but he failed to return her calls.


The spreadsheet was passed around by users of social media after the wife made it public
In the end, she decided to share her husband’s harsh behaviour with users of Reddit by uploading the spreadsheet. She explained the couple had been together for five years in total but been married for last two. Although they had no kids, they bought a house together five months ago.

The spreadsheet was passed around by users of social media after the wife made it public
The spreadsheet was passed around by users of social media after the wife made it public
‘Our lives have been crazy busy,’ she wrote. ‘We spent all spring renovating our new house. At my job I was given nearly double my usual workload after some of my colleagues were laid off. I gained some weight in the winter and have been busting my a** at the gym to get rid of it.’

She then wrote: ‘Yesterday morning, while in a taxi on the way to the airport, husband sends a message to my work email which is connected to my phone. ‘He’s never done this, we always communicate in person or by text. I open it up, and it’s a sarcastic diatribe basically saying he won’t miss me for the 10 days I’m gone.

‘Attached is a SPREADSHEET of all the times he has tried to initiate sex since June 1, with a column for my “excuses”, using verbatim quotes of why I didn’t feel like having sex at that very moment.’ The spreadsheet, which has since been deleted, was quickly spread around the internet with web users taking both sides in the debate.

Most people slammed the husband’s ‘immaturity’ and said he should have made his point in a different way.

One Reddit user wrote: ‘There are so many ways this could have been communicated better, but instead he came up with some bizarre hit and run with a spreadsheet method which I’d say is actually going to be really hard to come back to a normal relationship from.’

Another said: ‘Your husband is expressing LEGITIMATE concerns in an extremely immature and passive aggressive way.

‘Clearly, the communication style in your relationship is s**t. Fix it or don’t, it’s your marriage.’
One added: ‘Maybe her husband has got sick and tired of being totally and utterly ignored for months on end, has had enough and wants resolution to the issue. This time, after all attempts, he has got her attention.’

No comments:

Post a Comment