Kenya's Most Authoritative Political Newspaper

Citizen Weekly

Friday 31 October 2014

SALESMAN ACUSSED OF RAPING MENTALLY ILL WOMAN

A man has denied raping a mentally ill woman in a toilet.
Morris Waweru, 26, allegedly raped Eunice Njeri in Embakasi on October 4 after locking her in a toilet.
The court heard that the accused threatened to kill Njeri if she revealed what had happened. Njeri reported that she was at home alone around 10pm when the suspect accosted her as she went to a nearby toilet.
The prosecution said the accused knocked on the toilet door several times, but when she came out, Waweru allegedly grabbed her by the throat and pushed her back in.
In her statement, Njeri said, “Immediately I stepped out, Waweru who happens to be our neighbour, pushed me back telling me to remove my underwear. Before I knew it, I was on the ground as he unzipped his trousers and raped me, after which he warned that he would rape and kill me I told anyone.”
It is only after she was taken to hospital due to rashes that had developed in her private parts that Njeri disclosed what had happened to her.
Waweru denied the charge and was set free on a Sh100,000 bond. His trial begins on February 3, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment