Kenya's Most Authoritative Political Newspaper

Citizen Weekly

Friday 31 October 2014

PASTOR DENIES SACRIFICING KIDS FOR RICHES

 Pastor Charles Muchangi, the Nairobi preacher whose alleged ex-wife Jane Wambui sensationally claimed he “sacrificed” three boys aged between five and 10 years to expand his church, has instead blamed her for his misfortunes.
“I have suffered a lot at the hand of that woman. One time, she stabbed me in the head with a knife. Not long ago, she stormed my house accompanied by a relative and attempted to “finish” me if I didn’t give her Sh80,000,” said the pastor.
“It’s so painful. Every time I think about Wambui, I weep. She has even visited the church to insult me and made some of my members to quit. Everything she says about me are lies. But I am ready to defend myself at the Milimani Children’s Court on October 30,” added Muchangi.
Muchangi admitted that although it was true that one of the children disappeared from a school within the church compound, he later discovered that he had been secretly taken away by the mother.
“I have never sacrificed any child. I just heard about the allegations at Buruburu Police Station where my ex-wife recorded a statement,” said Muchangi.
Jane Wambui, 40, who parted ways with Pastor Muchangi, 42, of God’s Greater Favour over alleged child neglect, claims her ex revealed to her that he was ready to sacrifice all his church members for a Sh10 million windfall from dark forces she could not name.
She also claims she busted him with a woman called Beth barely five days after their wedding, and that he refused to operate all the businesses she opened for him because “the Holy Spirit had told him not to work.”
“I opened a butchery and a shoe business for him, but he refused to work. He ‘ate’ all the money saying the Holy Spirit directed him not to work as I provided everything in the house through hawking at the city centre,” said Wambui.
Wambui further claimed that when she gave birth three years into their marriage, the pastor took off when he saw the hospital bill and only re-appeared a week later after her relatives had settled the bill.
“Shockingly, I found him again in our house sleeping with that same woman (Beth) I caught him with during our honeymoon. He didn’t think I would be discharged,” she claimed, adding, “Muchangi later moved to Thika with the woman with all our household belongings, leaving me alone to provide for our son in Dagoretti.”
But the church’s assistant, a pastor Njuki who said he has been with the church for three years, poured cold water on her claims, saying although he is aware that three children disappeared  near the Church, no one has ever come out to blame Muchangi.
“I know Muchangi very well. If he sacrificed the children for material gain, he would be very rich now and driving a big car. But he is man of very modest means,” said Njuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment