Kenya's Most Authoritative Political Newspaper

Citizen Weekly

Sunday, 15 March 2015

Asian tycoon in a sodomy case loses Sh2.5 million

Our Reporter

An Asian tycoon dealing in electrical appliances along Luthuli Avenue recently lost millions of shillings in a bizarre incident.
The man who is a main supplier electronic and musical appliances is said to have lost Sh2.5million to one of his  male employees after attempted sexual advances went awry.
The man who has a shop next to Diwi Hotel is said to have assaulted and wanted to sodomise the young lad only for the lad to snatch the cash and disappear.  The alleged victim case was reported under OB/18/28/2/2015. According to sources, the tycoon had been assaulting his salesman from November last year and threatening to harm him if he ever reported.
Both parties are said to have reported the matter to the police in Gigiri but the Asian fearing bad publicity withdrew his case and decided to focus on making more cash.
The accused confirmed about the ill-treatment he received from his former boss but said he would rather wish to talk about the matter face to face and not on phone. He was employed in early 2012 and used to commute from Kangemi to his boss house in Westlands where the offense is said to have happened.
“My brother I am away but when I am back in Nairobi I will tell you,” he said.  The Asian also confirmed to having withdrawn the case after consultation with law enforcers. The businessman who is in his forties also confirmed to having withdrawn the case after consultation with law enforcers.
The assault and other forms of mistreatment, according to the victim, date back to late last year and he left employment in January before the theft allegations emerged.