Kenya's Most Authoritative Political Newspaper

Citizen Weekly

Tuesday 24 February 2015

MILLY ODHIAMBO DARES ODM TO DISCIPLINE HER



Mbita MP Millie Odhiambo has criticised plans by ODM leadership to discipline members accused of being disloyal to the party for refusing to back Moses Kajwang’ during the recent Homa Bay senatorial race. Speaking to The Standard on phone, Millie said she would not apologise over the allegations. She also faulted plans by the party ‘s National Chairman John Mbadi to put strategies of taking disciplinary measures against those who refused to co-operate with the party during campaigns for the by-election. “I want to tell you that those who are talking about us are hecklers because I have not committed any offence. I cannot apologise because I don’t know the reason for the apology, hence they are the ones who should apologise for the unfounded allegations,” Millie said. The MP warned the odm officialws against taking disciplinary measures against her and maintained that she will not allow her colleagues to threaten her. “Let Mbadi go to court and sue me but I will counter sue him becausethey want to penalise me for what I don’t understand. Let them understand that I cannot be given a red card by my fellow players,” Millie said. She warned her fellow legislators over threatening her and some of her colleagues due to their firm stance in offering true defence to party leader Raila Odinga. “Some of these MPs came and found us in ODM and there is nobody among them who has stood firm to defend Raila than myself. I am warning them against traversing the Homa Bay County to taint people’s names,” she added. She warned Mbadi against plans to take her to court, saying she was innocent. “Some of the people who call us ‘moles’ are the moles number ones because we know their relations with the Jubilee Government,” she added. The decision to punish the rebels MPs was mooted by Raila during the burial of former Homa Bay ODM vice chair at the weekend when he told Mbadi to handle the cases of undisciplined members of the party. However, Millie maintained that those are just plans which Mbadi wants to use to frustrate members of ODM, with aim of creating a vacuumbetween Raila and the legislators. Rangwe MP George Oner and his Ndhiwa counterpart Agostino Netodeclined to comment. “I cannot comment about the question because everybody knows what I stood for,” Oner said.


No comments:

Post a Comment